Living in Belgium
1 March 2021 @ 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM CET€345
DURATION: one day.
PARTICIPATION FEE: 345 Euro excluding VAT.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is profitable for both inexperienced and experienced expatriates and their life companions.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
You will learn to:
- Understand culture ‘shock’: how it could affect you and how to cope with it.
- Understand Belgian cultural values and the challenges compared to one’s own values.
- Get to now specific behavior in Belgium and how to deal with it.
- Receive country-briefing information.
- Develop a personal action plan and discuss individual concerns.
- Experience-oriented presentations about explicit culture, culture shock, acculturation, Belgian norms and values.
- Discussions to exchange experiences.
- Workshops with relevant information on practical do’s and don’ts and how to acculturate.
This program, based on extensive research and experience, has been developed especially for those who come to live (and work) in another country.
We promote this course to those who have been in the country at least one month. This is a prerequisite since the seminar is built on first impressions of the country and its people. The discussion of these impressions sets the scene for a chapter on culture ‘shock’ and on how to deal with change.
The link between explicit culture, norms, values and social dilemmas will be shown in order to improve your understanding of and your communication with the local people. The last part of the workshop will cover specific information about Belgium.
This program has proven to be successful and is an essential asset if you want to make your life in the host country easier and if you are willing to integrate.