Cross Cultural Effectiveness
3 November 2020 @ 8:00 AM - 4 November 2020 @ 12:30 PM CET€445
DURATION: one and a half day.
PARTICIPATION FEE: 445 Euro excluding VAT, overnight stay and diner.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is for those who work for professional reasons with people from different cultural backgrounds or who work abroad.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Learn from understanding your own cultural orientation.
- Acquire insight into other people’s different cultural orientation.
- Learn to reconcile the dilemmas inherent to cross-cultural encounters.
- Experience based presentations and learning from sharing experiences.
- Discussing cases enabling effective learning.
- Presenting practical tips on the influence cultural differences have on negotiations, decision making processes, communication, expressing opinions and criticism, preparing a business trip, and making appointments.
After an introduction on explicit culture, the workshop focuses on the importance of meaning behind cultural behavior and norms using a model of different cultural dilemmas. These are the universal social dilemmas that cultures around the world have solved in different ways and consequently result in many different cultural values. Of course, the workshop also looks on how we reconcile these differences in our daily communication and how we can we benefit from these differences when reconciling different values?
This workshop is an introduction to cultural differences in a business environment. It will provide a mix of global business skills and it covers a wide range of cultures. The course is an essential building block for everyone who works in an international business environment and wants to develop better cross cultural competencies.